All photographers at GentlePhotographer ascribe to the following Code of Conduct.
- Photographers are forbidden to suggest or initiate any sexual activity with the model.
- Photographers are forbidden to take any images of sexual nature. This specifically prohibits imaging of actual or simulated sexual activity, the use of sexual paraphernalia or the deliberate imaging of the vagina and anus.
- Photographers are forbidden to touch the models in any manner not directly related to the capture of an images. When ever feasible, the model must be made aware of the contact before it occurs. In general, it is strongly preferred to instruct the model than to have the photographer physically manipulate the model. Permitted exceptions to this rule are the limited exchanges of standard social greetings, such as handshakes and hugs.
- Photographers are forbidden to talk to the models in any manner that could be considered to be abusive or demeaning.
- Photographers are required to follow the plans agreed upon for the conduct of a photo shoot and cannot make significant changes to a shoot without the consent of the model. At the same time; models must be understand that circumstances may require the modification of any shoot plans and are requested to be reasonably flexible.
Return to Policies and Procedures page.